The Harbinger: The ancient mystery that holds the secret of America's futureThe Harbinger: The ancient mystery that holds the secret of America's future by Jonathan Cahn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Reading this book leaves me with a heart that concurrently feels immense hope and incredible heaviness. The underlying theme of this book is neither a new concept to me – nor any surprise. But the facts in this book – and they are facts because it all checks out – STARTLING. I am giving this book 5 stars - based on the information in it, because the information is utterly astonishing. The writing … well, let me tell you honestly - not the best. I strongly urge readers to look beyond the obtuse interaction dialogue between characters to get to the meat of the factual information – it’s worth it and the facts truly are staggering. Overall – a very important book and I recommend EVERYONE read it. Another reader said, and I concur: “10 pages in, I was interested. 50 pages in, I was slightly skeptical. 125 pages in, I began to consider the validity of what was being said. 150 pages in...and my eyes began to open. This is a grand story that teeters on the edge of impossible, but which, when considered carefully, strikes a chord that often accompanies the deepest truth.”

One thing I know personally from studying scripture, is that throughout the Bible, God reveals patterns. You see this a lot with principles laid out in scripture. Here in this book, the author shows the pattern of the destruction of Israel by the Assyrians as recorded in Isaiah 9:10 being repeated here in America. Beginning with 9/11, the author breaks down this scripture and show how America follows this pattern EXACTLY. Lest you think this is just someone's application of scripture to explain the event, there is AMAZING sourcing to prove where American leaders have stood in specific locations, quoted specific things, witnessed specific events, and circumstances that are so specific, so deliberate, and so precise that unless you believe in God, you will likely be apt to think its made up. Thankfully the author gives you all of the references so you can research it for yourself.

I do caution readers to remember this: the book The Harbinger was written by a human being, and therefore NOT the Word of God. Everything we read must be held up to the scriptures, the breathed Word of God and verified for truth. Let the text of this human writing spur thought – but always go back to God’s Word and read for yourself and ask God to reveal His Truth to you personally. When you ask God, seek Him through His Word, and take action to really learn - He WILL reveal truth to you.

I am more convinced than ever that we as a collective nation have strayed from God are on the road to destruction because of it. This nation founded upon faith in the One TRUE God has become overcome with pride and self-righteousness, and has turned its back on the One who provided for it to become great. But even more important than the future of our country – is the future of each individual soul who lives on this earth. Take the warnings here to heart – personally. May we each as individuals draw near to God, repent – asking for forgiveness for the ways we have fallen away from Him – and then return to His ways and relationship with Him. And then, let us pray for the nation as a whole to do the same.




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts