Little House on the Prairie, Part 2



I have returned from the Prairie!

Good news, I encountered none of this:



Thank goodness.  A little of this though...


But, I made it out alive.  Shew.

Getting ready for our Little House on the Prairie escapade was actually quite enjoyable.


As I had hoped.  I still like to sew.  It actually sparked something.  A renewed interest, maybe?
Hubby hopes no.
I think he dislikes pincushions strewn about the house.


And folding tables and sewing machines and ironing boards.



Now, Owen on the other hand, he likes Mommy's sewing thingys.



I'm still not sure what ever happened to the buttons I bought at the fabric store.  I suspect they never made it into the bag at the cash-register.  Who knows.

No sweat. 

Buttons out of my button-collection tin just makes the outfit more authentic, right?

Yes, buttons from 1880. Or something like that.



I think little dolly will be able to wear this dress for awhile. 
Not sure where. 

I'm usually pretty fashion conscious. Normally, I wouldn't dream of  letting her wear a dress like this. 

But she thinks it's really cool, therefore so do I.  (Plus I worked darn hard on the thing.)

How much of a weirdo would it make me to allow her to wear this to church? 

Not the bonnet of course.  THAT would be weird.
Or not.  We do live in Amish country.

Ya.  And take a good look.  You will not see me dressed like this again. Blah.

By the way, I did not make the bonnets. 
Those little gems were crafted by another seamstress and discovered via my dear friend eBay.



(photo courtesy of B.Public Library)

And here is what the genius ladies in the Children's Department of our local library did to transform the conference room at the library into a log-cabinesque tea party.

Those women are amazing.  Simply amazing.
Look, a faux fireplace, mantle and all.

(photo courtesy of B.Public Library)

And the table decorations.  Everything was so pioneery and cute.
We ate corn bread muffins, apple butter sandwiches, molasses cookies, tea of course... and they even had old fashioned stick candy like you would buy at Olsen's Mercantile.
(Disregard the Disney cup on the right. I think the little girl next to me brought that from home.)


And here is the cutest thing of all.


She had fun.

And yes, it was A LOT of work to endure all for a 1-hour tea party.

I know I'm crazy.  But, I'm crazy in love with my kids.
And this will be a lasting and precious memory for her, therefore, it's worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts