Takin' a Break



A friend of mine noticed that I've been on a blog break.  Shucks.  I thought no one would notice.  It's true.  I've been takin' a break.  Ever since Spring Break.  Maybe I've been resisting the return to reality.  The kid's Spring Break went from April 2 - April 11, but I extended mine an extra week.   Well, not really.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  It's been a wee bit crazy on the calendar since they went back to school.  But indeed, the blog was on pause for a while.

I loved Spring Break.  We stayed local, and it was just the break we needed.  ALL of us! 

A break from schedule. 



A break from 15 minute breakfasts and rushing out the door.  Time for these heavenly (and healthy) made-from-scratch double chocolate muffins hot from the oven and enjoyed in the sunshiney kitchen as slow as we wanna.



A break from single-file lines, and classroom chairs.  Sitting still.



Time to play outside ALL DAY!


No place we have to be.  No meetings. 
No appointments to keep.



Just havin' fun in the sun.


Enjoying the glorious world of make-believe with your brothers.


Breaking from times-tables and spelling words....


and practice, practice, practice.


Time to just be....


... a kid.




Time to just hang out.


 And take naps.


But for now, it's back to school. 
Back to schedules. 
Back to busy.
Practice, practice, practice. 
Go, go, go.

Hang tough with me lil ones. 
Only 6 more weeks until Summer Break!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts