A Blog is Born

My cousin Jodi called me one morning and said "you need to blog". "Oh - I don't have time!" was my reply. I seriously had no aspirations to take on yet another thing on my "to do" list. I have a hard enough time keeping up in this home of 7 as it is!

But, the more we talked that morning, the more her justifications struck cords deep within me.

"Capture the memories. Be intentional about journaling. Record this for your children. Print the blog annually."

What? You can do that? Our photos, thoughts, prayers, God's answers to prayers... all in one place that I can print into a sort-of-year-book?

OK - now we're talking. This solves such a huge problem for me! I haven't printed the digital pictures we've taken in probably 7 years. I’ve attempted journaling over and over without sticking to it. I’ve wondered if my kids will ever know how much I love them. Blogging will consolidate all these things. THAT really appeals to my problem-solver nature.

I will admit though, there’s an element of fear still present. I fear that this too will fall to the wayside, as did the previous journaling attempts. On the opposite extreme, because I tend to be an “all or nothing” personality, I fear this will become an obsession that steals precious time.

However, I’m setting my fears aside. Here it is. Our lil Family Chronicles. My prayer here and now is that I can maintain priorities, and keep focused on the purpose: A photo-journal of our life, marking each moment and giving glory to God.

Thanks for the encouragement Jodi!

Comments

  1. You did it! And your first entry is so well-written and beautiful...beautiful just like you. It will be a wonderful, beautiful picture of you and your family--no matter how often you are able to post.
    And now, I have another blog to follow and get caught up in! :)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts