Feeling Lucky?



It's St. Patrick's day and I'm feeling lucky.

That old phrase.  Truth be told... I know better. 

I know there's no such thing as luck.

So, really... I'm not feeling lucky.  I'm feeling BLESSED.

God is answering prayers.  I'm in awe.

I'm in awe not only because God IS answering prayers (like - as if he couldn't!), I'm in awe because of the timing.  He's like that.  Inevitably - ALWAYS perfect timing. 

This week I am studying John 17.  Tuesday at BSF we talked a lot about prayer.  During lecture, I wrote this in my notes: 

"Prayer is hard work. Satan will do everything to distract you and pull you away from prayer and fellowship with God. A deepened prayer life takes time, perseverance and practice! (Like loosing weight.... it takes discipline, time and stick-to-it'edness before you start seeing the results. Keep going, don't give up.) Likewise, don't give up on prayer. Be patient, wait, keep praying and WATCH. You WILL see God working, and when you do - it will build your faith, encourage you and make you WANT to keep praying!"

And then, later that very same day, God gave me an answer to a prayer of mine.  He knows I need object lessons to truely "get it".  He knew I was starting to get really discouraged, and he restored my hope and faith.

God is so good.  Thank you Jesus.  I feel "lucky" to be a child of yours.  (But, I know it's not "luck".)

Thank you for the encouragement.  I'm going to keep praying, Lord.  Waiting and watching in great expectation for what You are going to do next.


Matthew 7:7-11
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Comments

Popular Posts