Keeping It Real


Blogging is dangerous.

I'm serious.  It'll get ya.

Here's my confession for the day.



I am absolutely smitten with a complete stranger's blog.

It's lovely and interesting and funny and inspiring and just dog-on-down-right fun. 



I love it.  The photography.  Her decorating.  The gorgeous antiques in the pictures.  The homegrown flowers.  The wit.  The quirky out-loud thoughts with which I find myself heartily concurring.  The transparency.



I don't know this girl, but I like her.

Is regularly checking-in for updates on a blog of someone you've never met... considered... stalking?

Naw.... public forum. That's the risk we take.  Right?

Besides all those reasons I already listed, why am I really so obsessed with this woman's blog?  Maybe she seems to have "it" together and I feel I don't.  She inspires me to get "it" together.  Maybe I think that if I study her long enough I'll learn the secret to her supposed success?

But, do you suppose.... it's real?  I mean... does anyone really have "it" together?  Really?

And, sure the pictures of the antiques are beautiful.  Hey.  I had some nice antiques.  Once.  Before an army of toddlers took over my world, and in an effort to spare these treasures a sure demise; I dispersed most of my possessions to the world on ebay.



A nice camera can make a pan of desserts look dreamy... but it's still just a pan of desserts.

I make stuff.

Sometimes. 



Just not with fancy-schmancy sugared berry twigs.

Does she really have "it" together that much?  OR does her world just LOOK perfect because there aren't any messes in the pictures?  MAYBE she is more like me than I know.  Maybe she quick wipes away the dust and moves the junk out of the way before snapping the picture. 

Maybe.

Notice that nobody ever posts pictures of their mountains of dirty laundry.  Maybe I should.  Keep it real.

What-a-ya think?



Hmmm.

Comments

Post a Comment