The Cheese Touch
Cheeeeeeese.
May 2, 2010
Logan turned 10 today. I can't believe he's TEN!
He cracks me up. I asked him what he wanted his birthday cake to look like, and he said "moldy cheese". So being the cool mom I am (eh-em), I obliged. Then, we took it a step further and made it a whole menagerie of cheese. It was quite cheesy. Lunch was a smorgasbord of Cheese Tortellini, Cheese Pizza, and Cheese Steak Sandwiches. I know. None of that stuff really goes together, but it's what he wanted. (Well, I came up with the cheese steak sandwich part because I had been craving that for weeks, and what better opportunity than at a cheesy cheese-theme birthday party where ridiculous amounts of calories were being consumed ANYWAY. What the heck! Right?)
So then we had the "moldy cheese" cake topped with Cream Cheese icing... and ice cream. (Ice cream doesn't have "cheese", but you gotta have ice cream with cake). What can I say, the boy likes cheese. He really does.
By the way... this cheese thing, its' really weird. A couple of years ago several of my kids wanted cheese slices in their Christmas stocking. ??? As if I don't have a fridge stocked with cheese all the time that they EAT all the time. They explained the rationale to me though. They wanted to be able to eat as much as they wanted without sharing; and not have to put it away after a normal serving. Also, I have been told on occasion that they intend to move to Wisconsin when they grow up because that's where all the good cheese curds are. So, there you have it. I'm retiring to Wisconsin. Anyway.....
Actually, this whole "moldy cheese" cake idea and cheese theme actually began...
HERE. THIS is my kids' big thing right now. The "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books. (They literally STUDY the books. I bought the set for the group for Christmas, and they have dog-eared the pages and read them so many times all the books are starting to look all worn and ragged. I guess I should have ordered the hard-backs. I love it that they read constantly, so I don't object.) And then there's the newly released movie, of course.
Over spring break we took a rain day and went to the theatre to see the movie.
If you look closely at the picture above, the book that Logan has in the back seat.... is one of the Wimpy Kid books. They took turns looking at it all the way there and back. And leaned over each others shoulders to look and read. This is normal. The Wimpy Kid Bible, I guess. (Should I be concerned?)
On our rainy-day movie excursion day, we actually took in both pizza and a movie. Cheese pizza of course.
(What cheezers.)
They were so excited to see this movie. I don't know if you can tell from the dark purpley picture here, but they were a little annoyed that mom had to stop them to take pictures. Constantly.
Hey, it's what I do.
Little Owen is turning around, "C'mon Mom! C'mon Mom!" as I'm trying to snap a picture of them going down the theatre hallway. I had never taken pictures in a movie theatre. It was sorta fun.
And this photo cracks me up, because the movie hadn't even started yet. This is the intensity that they watched the other movie previews. OK... back the whole point of this.
One of the recurring elements of this story involves a piece of cheese that was discarded onto the pavement on the playground. This piece of cheese, moldy and gross, becomes the object of nuclear cooties. "The Cheese Touch". You DON'T want The Cheese Touch. I know. So childish. I laughed. Honestly, I really did find this movie to be quite funny. Maybe my brain has been warped by little-boy discussions of boogers, and farts & the like for too long now. (What do you expect in a house full of boys?) Anyhow, I thought the movie was funny. And my kids sure loved it. It was right down their alley, so to speak.
Random funny scenes in the movie....
I asked Logan if he thought I reminded him of the mom in the movie. I sorta think I'm a lot like that mom. Even the black rim glasses. Logan gave me a look like "ya mom, I don't think so" when I asked this question. OK. Maybe not.
So anyway, all this rambling to say... we all got The Cheese Touch on Logan's 10th birthday. Now we all have nuclear cooties. Ah, life is good.
Wow. He's TEN.
I love you Logan! We all do! Congrats on the big 10. You're awesome.





Wow! How cheesy! My boys really like those books too, but we haven't seen the movie yet, might have to check that out! Sorry, we'll have to stay away until the cheese touch has been passed on!
ReplyDelete