Goodbye Spring
The calendar states that June 21 is the first official day of summer. Not in my mind though. To me, Memorial Day is the beginning of summer. The school-year is ending. The temperatures are rising... and the sun doesn't set until after 9:00 pm.
For all practical purposes, Spring is over and Summer is here.
If you'll humor me, let me take a moment to say goodbye to Spring.
Goodbye Spring.
There was so much I had planned to say.
So many pictures that were never posted.
Maybe I was just more attentive this year (all the while - camera in hand, thinking of blogging topics that mostly went unrecorded), but I thought the flowers were more beautiful than ever this Spring.
But wow, they don't stay long.
I'm making sure they will be back next Spring, though.
I dug the tulips and daffodils out of the landscaping last night. They have moved temporarily. The bed all around the house is being prepped for new landscaping. But, rest assured, these babies have been saved. And come next Spring, they will find themselves among some new friends! A whole batch of new pretty Spring bulbs will be joining these in the ground this fall. (And come Spring, I'll have my camera ready to capture them!)
The flowers on the hedge are now gone. The hedge received it's first haircut of the year yesterday as well.
The flowering trees are now showering the ground with their fragrant petals as leaves fill the branches in full force. Here's is what they looked like exactly 4 weeks ago.
One other thing I noticed this Spring, was so many amazing sunsets!
The sun was a giant red-blazing ball in the sky every time I turned around. I don't know the reason for it's appearance this way, but I know it took my breathe away over and over this Spring!
Goodbye Spring.
(I'm not sad, though. Really.)
Because,
SUMMER brings a whole new batch of exciting beautiful displays!
Thank you Lord!
I'm ready!
Acts 14:17 NIV •
Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.

Comments
Post a Comment