Little House on the Prairie, Part 1
I have always loved Little House on the Prairie.
I can remember how the little girls on the playground would fight over who got to play Laura and who got to play Mary. I think I always sorta liked the mother. Caroline.
Regardless, it's such a good show. I love it that my kids enjoy watching the re-runs.
In less than a week, my daughter, my mom, and I will be attending a Little House on the Prarie tea party. How fun! Costumes and all! We are pretty excited about this.
Here's the part of this whole deal that I'm not thrilled about. I'm making the costumes. The closer the event comes, the more I wonder "What was I thinking?"
It's not that I don't like to sew. In fact, I used to LOVE to sew. I think I still do? I wouldn't know, actually. I haven't taken on a sewing project in a very long time. I don't make time for it. Believe me, I have plenty to keep me busy.
At first I thought this sounded like so much fun. A great excuse to revisit an old hobby of mine, while making a great memory for my daughter. But I have really been dragging my feet on this. I think it's because I know it's going to take a lot of time, and I look around at all the household tasks that I will be neglecting to make time to sew.
You can see by this stack of uncut fabric (photo taken today) that I have not yet started.
It really is so like me to procrastinate on something like this.
I have a plan. I have the supplies. I have the deadline.
I have no gumption.
But, as with most big projects in my life... this will get done. The night before, probably. But it will be done.
I'll be glad I did it when it's all done. And my daughter will have a memory of the time when her Mom stayed up all night for a week and sewed like a crazy woman.
I'll keep you posted.

Well . . . are they done?!
ReplyDelete